This Website is the official website of the Catholic Diocese of Arundel and Brighton. The site has an editorial group which makes the decision to include or exclude any submitted pages or links.
The editorial committee will in all cases defer to any request from the Bishop or his appointed delegate for changes to the material posted within the site
The site intends to provide an on-line service to the community of Christians, enquirers and people of goodwill living in, or visiting, the territory of the diocese. This service aims to become, but is not be limited to being ;
- A source for the Bishop's Pastoral Letters.
- A source of information about the activities of the various diocesan agencies.
- A guide to the structure of the diocese.
- Source for Mass times etc.
- Provision of contact information and news from catholic groups operating within the diocese.
- A central source for information from schools within the diocese.
- A noticeboard for Diocesan level activities
- A focal point encouraging the development of the internet amongst the *communinty of saints*
- A facilitator for the teaching mission of the church, providing pointers to other sites,
- and a platform for parish, deanery, diocesan and world wide groups that encourage the Christians of the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton to be "outward-facing" missionaries of the Gospel.
Links to Other sites this website, encourages the practise of hotlinking between websites. The A &, B site will generally hotlink to all diocesan organisation's webpages when notified of their existence. Please use the 'comment on this page' link on the left or email the firstname.lastname@example.org with details of any such website.
The website may also provide links to most other sites that subscribe to and support our aims when so notified. Because of the nature of the 'net, the presence of any links off our website does not infer that the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton either endorses or agrees with the contents of any other website. We would welcome the hotlinking of this website from other organisation's webpages
our URL is http://www.dabnet.org
We sometimes get asked about building parish websites - while the Webmaster is willing to offer general advice on this, we cannot ourselves look after such websites, though we will link to any parish website that has the aproval of the parish priest. If you are looking for more help on building parish websites, a previous ad clerum sugested XT3 Media which is now known as Kristos Media and since then renamed as Church Insight. You can look at what they offer to parishes here. Alternatively several Catholic organisations such as the English College in Rome use Gabriel Media which you can find here.